Dr Cathy Speed
Alexander and his team work exclusively with consultant Dr. Cathy Speed BMedSci, MA, Dip Sports Med, PhD, FRCP, FFSEM (I) (UK) where cross referral is necessary. In addition to the Directorship of Sports Medicine UK, Cathy also holds the following posts:
- Consultant, in Rheumatology, Sports & Exercise Medicine, Addenbrooke’s and Cambridge Lea Hospitals, Cambridge and Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth, London
- Lead Physician to the English Institute of Sports, Eastern Region.
- Physician to Badminton England
- Physician To Middlesex CCC at the Lords Ground, London
- Physician to English Ladies Golf Association
- Medical Officer for the Centre of Cricketing Excellence,Cambridge.
We may refer patients to Dr. Speed where futher examination may be required, or more detailed diagnostics, such as X-ray, MRI scan etc. are needed.
Alexander and his team also refer to other consultants, especially Mr Graham Tytherleigh-Strong, a local Orthopaedic Consultant who is a specialist in shoulder surgery.