Amanda is a degree qualified Nutritional Therapist, with a BSc in Nutritional Therapy and a 3 year diploma with the Institute for Optimum Nutrition. She runs a nutrition practice in Cambridge, working with corporate and individual clients. Amanda works with people who wish to tackle their health issues and optimise their health and well being by implementing dietary and lifestyle changes. Amanda uses the Functional Medicine approach in order to identify the potential root cause and any underlying nutritional imbalances.
Her special interests include hypothyroidism, gluten and food intolerances, female health and digestive disorders. She is also a coach for The Metabolic Balance, 3 month weight loss programme.
Amanda is able to offer the following tests;
- Comprehensive Blood analysis – haematology, biochemistry, cholesterol, fasting blood glucose, insulin and HbA1c, iron, ferritin, inflammatory markers.
- Thyroid panels
- Food intolerance testing (Cyrex Laboratories and Cambridge Nutritional Sciences)
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis and Parasitology (Invivo Clinical and Genova Diagnostics)
- Organic Acid Testing (Genova Diagnostics) The ONE Test
- Female and Male hormones panels (The Dutch Test)
- Adrenal Stress analysis (Cortisol and DHEA)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (Breath Test)
Amanda is a member of;
The British Association of Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and is a Nutritional Therapy Council Registered Practitioner with The Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC),